TORONTO, Oct. 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Starting off tomorrow, Monday, Oct 17, Torontonians can purchase harmless, authorized cannabis and get it delivered straight to their properties thanks to a partnership amongst Uber Eats (NYSE: UBER), a world leader in ecommerce and supply technologies, and Leafly (NASDAQ: LFLY), a foremost on line hashish marketplace and data useful resource. Torontonians 19+ can spot orders from local licensed hashish stores in the Uber Eats application, and have it shipped to their door by the retailer’s CannSell accredited staff members. This is the first time hashish shipping and delivery will be offered on a important third-celebration supply system in the earth.
“We are partnering with sector leaders like Leafly to aid vendors offer secure, practical possibilities for folks in Toronto to order legal cannabis for shipping and delivery to their properties, which will support battle the illegal market place and enable minimize impaired driving,” said Lola Kassim, Common Manager of Uber Eats Canada. “Over the past couple of decades, we have invested intensely in our shipping business enterprise and range has expanded tremendously. Uber Eats has grown promptly to turn out to be a versatile system usable by varied businesses substantial and compact.”
“Leafly has been empowering the cannabis marketplace in Canada for more than four years and we guidance additional than 200 cannabis retailers in the GTA. We are thrilled to perform with Uber Eats to support licensed vendors bring risk-free, lawful cannabis to people across the city,” said Yoko Miyashita, CEO of Leafly.
“Hidden Leaf has been offering safe and sound, lawful hashish to Torontonians at 3 spots about the final year and a fifty percent,” said Marissa and Dale Taylor, homeowners of Concealed Leaf, 1 of 3 currently participating retailers in Toronto. “We are a little company and this partnership is a excellent way for us to expand our attain and increase our business enterprise across the town. Just like the in-shop experience, our CannSell accredited shipping and delivery personnel fully grasp and comply with local regulations close to hashish transactions, including checking ID.”
How it works:
- Head to the Uber Eats application and pick the “Cannabis” group or look for for 1 of the certified cannabis merchants. You will see a warning that you have to be of legal age to enter the digital storefront.
- After this, you navigate the menu of the retailer to location an purchase. You should be inside the shipping and delivery radius of the licensed cannabis retailer in get to be capable to place an get.
- Just like buying takeout or other objects utilizing Uber Eats, you will be notified when the licensed retailer accepts the buy and the approximated time of delivery.
- In accordance with provincial restrictions, the buy will only be sent by the certified cannabis retailer’s own CannSell certified personnel. Independent third-occasion shipping and delivery individuals will not deliver cannabis.
- When the delivery individual comes, your age and sobriety will be confirmed as necessary by regulations.
This partnership will assistance battle the underground illegal marketplace, which even now accounts for over 50% of all nonmedical hashish income in Ontario. Even more, latest research from Public First shows that some cannabis users push right after usage with 1 in 7 (14%) of cannabis customers admitting to obtaining pushed a auto inside 2 hours of consuming hashish. Shipping alternatives like people available through Uber Eats are anticipated to assistance lessen impaired driving and enhance security on the street.
The initially a few hashish merchants are:
About Uber Eats
Uber Eats is an on-demand application and website that assists bring hundreds of thousands of folks about the globe the factors they want, at the faucet of a button. We companion with about 825,000 places to eat and retailers in far more than 11,000 towns throughout 6 continents. From specialty neighborhood favorites to national brand names, groceries to domestic necessities and a lot more, Uber Eats has what you want when you want it.
Leafly aids thousands and thousands of men and women study about hashish every year. Our highly effective resources aid shoppers make informed obtaining conclusions and empower cannabis enterprises to draw in and retain faithful customers by technological innovation companies. Discover extra at Leafly.com or down load the Leafly mobile app.
For media inquiries: